2. I have been insanely lax in the art department. All I have to offer are some random sketches that I whipped out over the week--they're posted in the Doodle-art page.
4. Over the past couple of months I have gained nearly five pounds. This will have to be remedied--I feel squishy. >.< If only it would warm up outside and I could start riding the horses and hauling manure again...but the ground is frozen and riding can get DARNED cold in 20-degree weather. So the squishiness will probably remain for a while.
5. I tackled my comfort zone involving people today.For those who know me personally, I'm not very outgoing. Think the person who sits and does something that doesn't involve the participation of other people (reading, knitting, drawing, etc). So today I started with introducing myself to a random person who comes in at the gym--this fellow has been coming in for a while but I never made it a point to actually find out who he was. Weirdly enough, just working up the courage to say 'Hi, I don't think we've officially met before' had my hands and knees shaking. *twitch* So, due to my discomfort in this area I'm going to make it a point (if possible) to introduce myself to one random person a day. Perhaps it'll help my awkwardness around people...
6. I slept through the whole night last night. In the past week while babysitting I've been sleeping in a strange bed and consequently waking up two to three times a night. Thursday night was the worst--I woke up at 3:15, started thinking about 'Psycho' of all things, imagined (in my half-asleep state) that Norman Bates was coming to get me, mentally posted Javert (the person) at the door to subdue Bates, and couldn't get to sleep until after 4. Phew. My mind does strange things in the wee hours of the morning.
7. I'm eating a leftover fried steak for lunch. This is not helping my current squishiness.
8. Town-water has never tasted so good before.The house I was at this week is out in the country, and they have 'hard water' (lots of minerals in it). 'Hard water' has a very distinctive taste, and after drinking the 'soft water' in town that has been run through an excellent filter the 'hard water' was pretty hard to choke down. The taste gets worse with tea, by the way, and making it cold with ice cubes only helps momentarily. I drank a lot of orange juice in the past week. ^^;
9. I got lassoed into babysitting some other kids today. So from 12 to 4 this afternoon I'll be off watching some punks under the age of 8. Whee. One of said punks is a 7-year-old who put in an 'order' for a pair of fingerless gloves--I made him a pair last year, but through natural growth and wear and tear they're in pretty sorry shape (he must have worn them all the time, because they were very well-used). I have one done, and cast on the necessary 36 stitches for the next pair at work this morning...hopefully these will be up to par with his expectations. XD
10. I almost have enough money to buy my new camera. Here is said camera in all its glory: http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-SX20IS-Stabilized-Articulating/dp/B002LITT3I/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1266687246&sr=8-6 I'm getting rather excited, thinking of all the things I'll be able to do with it (it takes VIDEOS! Hahaha! No more choppy, pixelated, fuzzy vids!)...
So what ten things have YOU been up to in the past few days? You know I love to hear from each and every one of you (yes, even the ones who don't reply--I know you're out there!).
Your strangely organized hostess,