(1) There aren't very many movies that I would opt to see again and again and again. But this one...yeah. This is a multi-viewing movie. :D
(2) I think part of the appeal was that I had no idea what was going to happen next--it was very zany from start to finish and while I could see larger plot points right before they happened, the magic was in the details and the fact that weird things would just HAPPEN and be gone before you could think about it. BUT THAT'S A GOOD THING!!
(3) Okay, okay, I DID think that 1 1/2 hours was too short, and that things moved a bit quickly especially with developing character etc. But I still loved it.
(4) I DID say that this wasn't going to be a review, right?
(5) Yeah. Right. Um. One last thing.
(6) *Imagine this being said to a three-year-old, with a thick accent* "Good night, sleep tight, and don't let the bedbugs bite, blah blah. Oh, yes. Watch out for those last ones, because there's probably thousands of them. Oh, and there's probably something in the closet, too." *evil laugh*
(7) ...I love that movie. It caters to my brand of weirdness.
It really didn't help my viewing experience that I was kinda drugged up at the time and bounced wildly between being highly amused and clutching my jaw from laughing so hard. Afterwards we went to Walmart and I frightened innocent bystanders by lurching up and down the aisles.
(It was the derby hat. I just know it.)
Back on Walmart: Will bought some new Converse, and his old pair are currently hanging off of my trailer hitch for my truck. Why? I don't know. It must have seemed like a good idea at the time.
Your trippin' hostess,